Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pantry Eye-Candy

Now that Fall is here, I'm dreaming of a proper pantry.  I've started sketching and measuring, but before I share that with you, let's take a look at some of the pantry spaces that are inspiring my next big makeover.



I think the pantry above is a close idea of what the end result for me will be.  I plan on utilizing my stockpile of ikea Adel cabinet doors and drawer fronts that I've been amassing like a true-to-life hoarder.  Whenever I hit up my local Ikea, I make a beeline for the 'As-Is' section and hone in on the $3.00, $5.00 and $6.00 cabinet doors.  Those puppies are normally $50-$90 a piece, and I've managed to amass an impressive collection.  So, with regards to the above photo, I think I'll have more closed storage on the bottom for larger, less-used appliances and heavier, bulkier items like bags of rice and potatoes.

(via)
I don't know what that machine is on the left, but I think I might want one in my pantry, too.  Coffee machine?  Ice maker?  I like it.  It's fancy.  My pantry isn't as deep as this one, but I like the closed storage on the bottom and I like the pull-out baskets for things like bread, certain veggies, etc.

(via)
Those doors!  I LOVE those doors.  The trim color is pretty sweet, too, and it makes me want to see what the rest of the house is all about.  I don't really care for the U-shaped open shelving, but I think the lighting is fun and seriously, the doors and trim make this one a real winner for me.



Realistically, this is probably closest to my own pantry's dimensions.  I think I would prefer a more consistent counter running the entire length and possibly around the corner, too.  The open shelving on the bottom, for me, makes it a bit cluttered-looking, but I'm willing to bet they keep those nifty pocket doors closed most of the time.


What's not to like here? This underground-cellar-looking  space is gorgeous with it's matching creamware and baskets.  However, in the real world, soup can labels and pasta boxes don't look nearly as pretty.  I like the rustic (zinc?) counters and the simple, consistent plywood shelving is so clean and fresh.

(via)

This pantry really makes me do a double-take.  I LOVE the stainless counters and pull-out bins.  The grey-taupe shelves are top-notch and instead of a fridge, I think I would toss in a small, round sink for scrubbing potatoes or rinsing rice.  The subway backsplash and under-cabinet lighting makes it feel airy, fresh and high-end.  And of course, there are those pocket doors.  Such a great space-saver.  I don't have the room to install them, but I think sliding track doors might be another option.

(via)

Maybe instead of built-in open shelving on one side, I could build a shelf unit like this to store my mason jars, spices, napkins, serving platters, bowls and creamware?  

(via)
I like the drawers and the rustic shelving with this space.  I think having a window letting in all that extra light helps to make the medium/dark tone of the wood not feel too heavy.  The wrap-around countertop is what really catches my eye, though.

So many to choose from!  So many options!  Where to begin?  What are some of the aspects of YOUR pantry that really make it functional?  What are some things that drive you nuts?

1 comment:

  1. Gah! I need a big ol' pantry, just to organize and look at all the time! Love the inspiration photos!

    ReplyDelete

Say something.