Friday, October 4, 2013

FINISHED Guest Bathroom - Before And After

This one's been a long time comin'.  Last year, at about this same time, we were knee-deep in framing and construction.  In fact, the upstairs looked exactly like this:



Looking at that photo, it feels like it was AGES ago.....  But it was just one year. I was in a pretty big hurry to get the guest bathroom finished since it was the 'easiest' bathroom for us to finish.  This bathroom will basically be the boys' bathroom and I worried about them running down the stairs at night in the dark for urgent bathroom business.  Plus, I was itching to not have to walk alllllllllll the way downstairs to the other side of the house - in the dark - in the middle of the night when I had to go to the bathroom.  (first world problems, I know)

We started by getting a solid base of 1/4" HardieBacker cement board laid out for the entire flooring surface and then began laying our 13x13 charcoal ceramic tiles.



This was way before 'Elephant Buffet' and I was mainly taking photos for my personal Facebook account, so there are disastrously few pictures of the steps we took along the way.  Unfortunately, most of the picture taking ended here.  

I already talked about my awesome clearance tile score and how I tiled the shower here.  Let's just move on to the pretty 'after' stuff:














I gotta tell ya, it feels pretty amazing to have a room complete.  After almost 14 months of renovations, we're finally in the home stretch!

Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.